Understanding the Lattice Goal Explore Page
The Goals Explore page is an interactive space where employees can view, edit, and update their individual goals and see any public goals and their progress. The Explore page offers several visualizations that depict the structure between individual goals and key results and the relationship between cascading goals (if enabled).
To enter the Goals page, select Goals on the discovery navigation.
This article covers the following topics:
The Goals Explore page
There are eleven main features to the Explore page:
- Update multiple goals
- Create a goal
- View Explore preset views
- View group goals
- View custom saved views
- Search and filter for specific goal views
- Bulk edit goals
- Export your goals to a .csv file
- Visualize your goals in a cascade or trees view (if cascading goals is enabled)
- View list of goals that match filters and preset views
- Goal reporting (managers only)
Preset saved views
The Goal Explore page includes six default saved views to make it easier to view the goals you need.
- Your goals: Goals where you are the goal owner
- Direct reports: Individual, department, or company goals where your direct reports are goal owners
- Organization: Individual, department, or company goals where your direct and indirect reports are goal owners
- Department: Department-level goals that are assigned to your department
- Company: Company-level goals that are publically visible to all employees in your company
- All: All goals that you have visibility into. You will not have visibility into the private goals for employees not in your organization.
View goal details
A context panel will emerge to the right with additional details when you click on a goal within the Goal Explore page.
The context panel includes:
- Quick actions
- Child Objectives or Key results
- Parent goal alignment
- Due date
- Comment and like on Last Update
Clicking on the goal's title will redirect you to the Goals Details page. From there, you can view a goal's progress timeline, check if it's on track, and see any notes the goal owner posted within the Audit Log. You can edit, complete, or delete a goal from this page.
If an admin has enabled cascading goals, you can view your objectives and key results in a cascade and tree view. Learn more in The Differences Between Enabled and Disabled Cascading Goals.
The Cascade view initially shows only parent goals within the list. Expanding the goal will display any aligned child goals. Use the search bar and filter to find a goal of any level without manually clicking through each layer.
Note: Goal list analytics is not available in cascade view. Switch to List view to view goal list analytics.
The tree view will initially show the parent goals owned by the filter preset you select. Click on each arrow to expand the goal structure and see the second layer (2). Continue to expand these layers to display individual goals and their key results (3).