Before admins can create a compensation cycle, they must upload employee pay data to Lattice. There are two ways to upload employee pay data: sync compensation fields from your HRIS or upload via CSV Upload. Once Compensation default fields are synced, employee compensation data will be available to view within the Employee Pay page.
The following default fields are required when using Compensation:
- Base pay amount
- Pay effective date
- Pay type (salary or hourly)
If applicable, variable pay or bonus amount should be uploaded as well before creating a cycle. Learn more in Key Terms for Compensation.
Before you start
- Only super admins can view and edit user fields and therefore can set up HRIS sync for compensation field.
- Lattice Compensation default fields are only available if your account has access to Lattice Compensation.
- Pay-related custom fields that are created outside of the Compensation default fields will not sync to Lattice Compensation.
HRIS integration must be set up before Compensation default fields can be synced. Learn more in Integrate Your HRIS with Lattice.
- The equivalent default or custom HRIS field to the Compensation default field must already exist within your HRIS. Ensure the equivalent field exists and is up-to-date.
Sync Compensation default fields with an HRIS
- Integrate with your HRIS.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > People > Fields.
- Expand the Compensation fields section.
Link the required field Base pay amount.
- Click on the ellipsis (...) next to Base pay amount and select Link to [HRIS].
- An field modal will appear –– Under HRIS field, choose the field currently available within your HRIS that will be imported and linked to the Base pay amount default field.
- Select Link field.
- Repeat for additional fields.
- Note: Base pay amount, Currency, Pay effective date, and Pay type are required for compensation cycles. It is recommended that all four default fields are linked if possible or that missing values are uploaded via CSV.
- Manually sync your HRIS to import values into Lattice.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > Platform > Integrations.
- Click Manual sync.
- View employee pay data via the Employee Pay page.