With the calibration box view, admins and calibration session participants will be able to easily visualize rating distributions of calibration group members across one or two calibration questions.
Before you start
- Only super admins and calibration admins can calibrate employees, however, group participants will have visibility. Learn more in Select and Manage Calibration Group Participants.
- Learn how to calibrate using the table view in Calibrate Ratings Using the Calibration Table View.
- If you choose not to calibrate a reviewee's ratings, the reviewee will see the ratings the manager submitted for them within their review packet.
Navigate to the calibration box view
- Navigate to Admin > Reviews > Auditing.
- Click to enter the desired review cycle.
- Navigate to Scores > Continue calibration.
- Click to enter a calibration group.
- Click Box view.
Calibration box view
When first navigating to the box view, group reviewers will be assigned positions based on their pre-calibrated scores. As you move each reviewee within the box or adjust their score in the calibration table, their calibrated score will update.
Choosing an x- and y-axis
The box view requires you to select up to two calibration questions within the x- and y-axis dropdowns. If you only have one calibration question, select None from one of the axis dropdowns.
To flip the axes, select the flip button to the right of the dropdowns.
You can filter the box view by any custom attribute created and the following default attributes:
- Calibration group
- Pre-calibrated rating
- Calibrated rating
The customize view button allows you to view the box view via two options:
- Show percentages: View the distribution percentage for each rating box position
- Show box labels: View the label name for each rating box position
Note: Box labels are not customizable.
Calibrating ratings in the box view
Drag and drop
To calibrate a reviewee's rating, click on their avatar to drag and drop them to their desired calibrated rating. The calibrated rating will be visible to the reviewee when viewing their review packet.
Hovering over each avatar will show the reviewee's name and job title.
Reviewee calibration context panel
Clicking on the avatar of a reviewee will open a context panel that includes:
- Pre-calibrated scores
- Calibrated scores
- Current and previous review packets
- Ability to view, add, or edit notes
- Ability to create and apply tags