Job architecture is the framework for understanding roles and their hierarchy within a company. In Lattice, job architecture is a combination of user attributes that determine an employee’s job track and level in Grow.
Job architecture is available as three default user attributes in Lattice:
- Job function
- Job type
- Job level (not required for auto-assign)
Once job architecture has been imported via HRIS, CSV, or SFTP, the next step is to align job architecture to your tracks to allow employees to be auto-assigned to job tracks.
Before you start
- Any employee whose job architecture values match the track will automatically be assigned to the track. If the values do not match, they will be removed from the track.
- Bulk aligning tracks to job architecture via CSV allows admins to create new job architecture values by inputting those values within the CSV. Any new values will be automatically created. Admins can also create new job architecture values via an HRIS sync, SFTP, or CSV employee import.
- Although the Compensation suite will require job architecture setup, job architecture will remain completely optional for Grow. Therefore, admins can still manually add and remove employees from a track.
Bulk align tracks to job architecture
- Navigate to Admin > Grow > Settings > General.
- Next to Bulk align tracks to job architecture via CSV, select Upload CSV.
- A CSV modal will appear –– Download the pre-filled CSV template which will include all existing Grow tracks.
- Input the Job function and Job type values that should be aligned to each Grow track.
- Save the CSV and upload it into Lattice.
- Select Add to Lattice.
View aligned tracks
Once tracks have been aligned with job architecture, the Grow Tracks page will show the associated job function and job type for each track.