Lattice allows you to sync each employee's level automatically using the Job level default attribute. Auto-sync helps remove the duplicative work of manually updating employees when they move into a different level within their job role.
Note: This process replaces the previous custom attribute functionality of connecting an attribute to auto-sync track levels within the Grow Settings page. Learn more in What to expect after track level auto-syncing with custom attributes is now deprecated?
Before you start
- Auto-syncing job levels allow employees to move levels within their assigned track automatically. If an employee moves to a different track, the track change will need to be updated manually.
- You do not need to input job architecture (job function or job type) fields to align job level in a track.
Auto-sync job levels
Admins can set up and link track levels to the default attribute job level values separately from aligning a track to job function and job type.
Step 1: Sync or import the default job level attribute
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > User attributes.
- Sync or import your company job levels to the default job architecture attribute Job Level.
Step 2: Align Grow track levels to the job level
- Navigate to Admin > Grow > Tracks.
- Enter the desired track and navigate to the Settings tab.
- Expand the Manage job architecture and job levels section.
- Under Manage job levels, align each track level with the desired job level attribute by selecting the job level attribute next to the corresponding track level.
- Select Update Levels.