Admins can synch each employee's level automatically using the Job level default field. Auto-sync helps remove the duplicative work of manually updating employees when they move into a different level within their compensation band.
Before you start
- Auto-syncing job levels allow employees to move levels within their assigned track automatically. If an employee moves to a different track, the track change will need to be updated manually.
- You do not need to input job architecture (job function or job type) fields to align job level in a track.
Auto-sync job levels
Admins can set up and link track levels to the default field job level values separately from aligning a track to job function and job type.
Step 1: Sync or import the default job level field
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > Fields.
- Sync or import your company job levels to the default job architecture field Job Level.
Step 2: Align Grow track levels to the job level
- Navigate to Admin > Grow > Tracks.
- Enter the desired track and navigate to the Settings tab.
- Expand the Manage job architecture and job levels section.
- Under Manage job levels, align each track level with the desired job level field by selecting the job level field next to the corresponding track level.
- Select Update Levels.