Job architecture is the framework for understanding roles and their hierarchy within a company. In Lattice, job architecture is a combination of user attributes that determine an employee’s job track and level in Grow.
Job architecture is available as three default user attributes in Lattice:
- Job function
- Job type
- Job level (not required for auto-assign)
Before you start
- Any employee whose job architecture values match the track will automatically be assigned to the track. If the values do not match, they will be removed from the track.
- Although the Compensation suite will require job architecture setup, job architecture will remain completely optional for Grow. Therefore, admins can still manually add and remove employees from a track.
This article contains the following topics:
- Align job architecture with Grow tracks
- Align job levels
- Grow tracks with aligned job architecture
- Job architecture rules
Align job architecture with Grow tracks
- Bring in job architecture values and assignments into Lattice via HRIS, CSV, or SFTP.
- Navigate to Admin > Grow > Tracks.
- Enter the desired track and navigate to the Settings tab.
- Expand the Manage job architecture and job levels section.
- Under Align track to job architecture, select the Job function dropdown and choose the desired job function for this track.
- Select the Job type dropdown and choose the desired job type for this track.
- Select Align track.
Align job levels
An additional step for Grow alignment to job architecture is to map each job level job architecture value to the levels that exist within the track. Any employee with a job level attribute will automatically be assigned to the corresponding track level. Learn more in Auto-sync Job Levels to Grow Tracks.
- Under Manage job levels, align each track level with the desired job level job architecture attribute by selecting the job level attribute next to the corresponding track level.
- Select Update Levels.
Grow tracks with aligned job architecture
Once job architecture has been aligned, you will be able to view the job architecture alignment within the Matrix with an indicator labeled Aligned to job architecture.
You will be able to view the job function and job type that corresponds to the track. If aligned, job levels will also be visible above each track level within the matrix.
Job architecture rules
The following rules should be considered when aligning a track to job architecture:
- If a Grow track with unaligned employees is aligned to job architecture, the unaligned employees on that track will be removed from the track.
- If a Grow track with aligned employees is re-aligned to different job architecture, employees on the track with a different job architecture alignment will be removed to maintain their existing job architecture.
- If a Grow track is aligned to job architecture and there are employees in Lattice with a matching job architecture alignment, then those employees will be automatically assigned to that Grow track.
- If an admin unaligns a Grow track from job architecture, then the Grow track will no longer be associated with a job type, job function, or job level. The Grow track will keep its existing track levels. Employees assigned to the track will maintain their job architecture alignment and will remain on the track as long as no other Grow tracks match their job architecture alignment.