When an admin changes an employee's manager, there may be some impact on Lattice products for the employee, their previous manager, and their new manager.
This article walks through the impact of a manager change on the following tools:
- Previous managers will still be assigned to complete active downward reviews and share review packets.
- Admins can update manager responsibilities using the steps in Change Manager Responsibilities in a Review Cycle.
- If the previous manager has drafted or submitted a review before changing managers, their review will be permanently deleted once they are removed.
- Previous managers will have visibility into the employee's review packets that they were assigned review packet sharers for.
- New managers will have visibility into all previous review packets for their direct reports.
- New managers can view review cycle packets for active cycles created before the manager change once the review ends.
- Previous managers can still view private goals they created for their direct report.
- Previous managers cannot view private goals for the employee post-manager change.
- New managers can view all previous and current private goals the employee is assigned to or created.
- Once an engagement survey is launched, survey analytic configurations are locked. Manager changes will not reflect in active or ended surveys.
- If an employee submits their response BEFORE their manager changes, the results will reflect their old manager. If an employee submits their response AFTER their manager changes, the results will reflect the new manager.
- New direct reports will not be added to their survey views if the survey was created before the manager change.
- Previous managers will lose visibility into the employee's Individual Development Plan and Career Vision responses.
- New managers will gain visibility into the employee's Individual Development Plan, Growth Areas, and Career Vision responses.