Lattice org chart reviews are customizable and easy to create. Org chart reviews utilize the employee reporting structure to auto-assign self, upward, and manager reviews. The Downward review direction has managers review their direct reports within the review cycle.
Learn more in How to Select Review Directions in an Org Chart Review.
This article contains the following topics:
- Downward review configuration
- Review template
- Manager sequence
- Review visibility
- Ending the review cycle
Downward review configuration
1. Navigate to your review cycle.
2. Navigate to Configuration > Downward review.
Use the drop-down menu to choose the review template managers will complete when writing a review for their direct reports. Use Filters to filter by template tags attached to the desired template.
Choose when managers have the ability to submit their review for their direct reports. The options include:
- At the same time as other reviewers: Managers will be able to submit their review at the same time as everyone else.
- Managers participate after other reviewers: Managers will only be able to submit their review for their direct reports only after all reviews for the direct report have been submitted. Note: managers will be able to draft their reviews in the meantime.
Choose when managers have visibility into the reviews submitted about their direct reports during the review cycle. The options include:
- Managers can see reviews as they're submitted: Managers will have visibility into the reviews submitted for their direct reports as soon as the reviewers submit them. Note: This option will be the default if the Manager sequence is set to Managers participate after other reviewers. Learn more in View In-progress Reviews For Your Direct Reports.
- Managers can only see reviews after they're all submitted: Managers will have visibility into the reviews submitted for their direct reports only after the review writing phase has been ended. Learn more in How to View Your Direct Reports' Reviews.
Ending the review cycle
Choose who can end the review cycle so that managers can begin to share review packets with their direct reports.
The options include:
- Admins end the review cycle for all participants: Only admins will be able to end the writing phase of the review cycle. Note: If the review cycle includes a calibration step, the review cycle will default to only allowing admins to end the review cycle.
- Managers end the review cycle for their direct reports: Managers will have the ability to end the writing phase of the review cycle for their direct reports. Admins will still have the ability to end review cycles for all participants with this setting. Note: This option will not be visible if calibration has been enabled.
Choose what will be shared with direct reports within their review packet. The options include:
- Share both the downward review template and the summary
- Only share the summary
- Only share the downward review template