Once you have navigated to the Notification Center, there are two options for how notifications can be sent when it comes to our Goals tool— through Slack, MS teams, and/or through Email.
Goal notifications are sent as follows:
- When someone comments on your goal
- When someone likes an update made to a goal
- When a goal co-owner posts an update to your goal
- When someone is added as a goal owner
- A reminder to update your goal
- A goal digest of goal updates or newly created goals
Please note: Employees will not be notified if they are removed as an owner of a goal.
Set up notifications
To send notifications to Microsoft Teams, Slack, or email, navigate to the Notification center > Check on the desired boxes to the right of Goals > Click Save changes.
Notifications will be sent to employees who own goals when:
1. There is a comment posted on one of their goals
2. Someone likes an update made to a goal
3. A goal co-owner posts an update on a goal that another individual also owns
4. An employee is added as an owner of a goal
5. Employees need to update a goal
Goal update reminders are set to be sent out on Thursdays around 10:00 A.M. in your local timezone.
The weeks that the reminders are sent are based on an ISO calculator that calculates cadence every week, two weeks, month, or quarter beginning on the calendar year's first week. For example, if you select monthly notifications, they would be sent on weeks 4, 8, 12, etc.
6. Goal Digest
A list of goal updates or newly created goals for a manager's team. For individual contributors, those updates include when a company goal has been updated. Managers will receive the digest email when their direct reports have made an update to their goal.
*no private goals are included in the digest, neither company nor team digest.
Goal update reminders are set to be sent out on Thursdays around 10:00 A.M. in your local timezone. In your goal settings, there are five options to set your reminder cadence to:
- Once a week
- Once every two weeks
- Once a month
- Twice a quarter
Here is a breakdown of when you can expect to receive an email notification reminder, based on your cadence setting:
- Weekly reminders are sent out every Thursday.
- Bi-weekly reminders are sent out every two weeks, starting on the 1st week of the month, 3rd week, etc.
- Monthly reminders are sent out on the 3rd week of the month, and then every 4th week. Please note, it doesn’t matter when you start sending reminders, but they will send every 4 weeks starting on the 3rd week of the year once you’ve enabled monthly reminders.
- Twice a quarter reminders are sent out the week before the middle and end of each quarter. So the reminder would get sent out on week 5 and week 11 of the first quarter and repeats on a 6-week cadence.
Lattice provides a helpful ISO calculator to help you determine what dates the reminders are set to be sent. If the employee does not have a timezone set in Lattice, the reminder will be sent based on the company's timezone. If no company timezone is set, the notification will go out Thursdays at 10:00 am PST.
Goal Digest CadenceThe goal digest is sent out on Monday the week after the goal update reminder is sent out. Both company and team digests are sent out in the same email. You will only receive the digest if there are updates that need to be communicated.
- Weekly digests are sent every week following the update reminder notification.
- Bi-weekly digests are sent out every two weeks, starting on the 2nd week, 4th week, and so on.
- Monthly digests are sent out 4th week, 8th week, and so on.
- Twice a quarter digests are sent out on the 6th week, 12th week, etc.