Managers can request feedback about their direct and indirect reports from other employees in the company.
Request feedback for your team
- Navigate to Home > Give and request feedback. –OR–Navigate to Feedback > Give Feedback > Request feedback.
- The Feedback modal will appear –– Enter the Request feedback tab.
- Under Who do you want to ask for feedback?' type in the employee's name who you want to ask for feedback.
- Under Who's the feedback about?, type the name of the employee who the feedback is about. Lattice will give you the choice of selecting yourself or a direct report. If the employee does not appear in the dropdown, type their name in the field and select.
- Select visibility.
Note: Feedback requests do not include a public visibility option. Requests for indirect reports can only be set to Private + manager, while requests for all other employees will have the option to be set to Private + Manager and Manager Only.
Requestors with additional permissions will see a third "Other" section within the dropdown. This section includes employees who are not a part of the direct manager/report relationship that you can still request feedback for:
- Managers of Managers: Managers of Managers can request feedback for their indirect reports.
- Custom Role Owners/HRBPs: Role owners will be able to request feedback for any employee that is included within the group attribute selected when creating the role.
- Custom Relationships/Dotted line managers: Dotted line managers can request feedback for any employee they have been assigned visibility into via a custom relationship.
- Under What feedback do you want about __?, include a description of what you want the feedback to be about. Note: if you select to have the feedback as Private + manager, the employee receiving the feedback will have visibility into the description.
- (Optional) Under Feedback prompts, add a common feedback question to your request. Note: There is no limit to the number of prompts added, and can be edited once they have been added to the text box.
- Once all fields have been completed, select Request private feedback.
The employee recipient's view
After you have requested feedback, the employee you're asking for feedback from will receive a notification on their dashboard stating the '[Manager] wants your feedback about [Employee]'.
When the responder clicks on the task, they will see the requestor's name, a description of the request, and for whom. From here, they will be able to respond and submit their feedback.
Responders have the ability to decline a request if they choose to do so.