Before admins can create a compensation cycle, they must upload employee pay data to Lattice. There are two ways to upload employee pay data: sync compensation fields from your HRIS or upload via CSV Upload.
In the scenario where at least one of the four required compensation fields cannot be synced from your HRIS because the field does not exist or an employee's pay data is not stored in your HRIS, you will need to upload missing data via CSV.
The following default fields are required when using Compensation:
- Base pay amount
- Pay effective date
- Currency (three-letter currency code)
- Pay type (salary or hourly)
Lattice will notify you of missing employee pay data via a yellow banner on the Employee Pay page. The banner states:
There is  employee who is missing one or more of the following fields: base pay, currency, pay effective date, pay type. In order to use Lattice Compensation tools all these fields are required. To fix this, either link these fields with your HRIS through the Fields page or upload the missing information.
Upload missing employee data
- Within the yellow banner, click Upload to access the modal for uploading missing data.
Click Download to access the CSV template that lists employees that need updating.
- In the case of a partial HRIS sync, this template will pre-fill data that was synced from your HRIS.
- Input missing data.
- Upload CSV and click Save.
- Review uploaded data within the Employee Pay page.