Before admins can create a compensation cycle, they must upload employee pay data to Lattice. There are two ways to upload employee pay data: sync compensation attributes from your HRIS or upload via CSV Upload. Once Compensation default attributes are synced, employee compensation data will be available to view within the Employee Pay page.
The following default attributes are required when using Compensation:
- Base pay amount
- Pay effective date
- Pay type (salary or hourly)
If applicable, variable pay or bonus amount should be uploaded as well before creating a cycle. Learn more in Key Terms for Compensation.
Before you start
- Only super admins can view and edit user attributes and therefore can set up HRIS sync for compensation attributes.
- Lattice Compensation default attributes are only available if your account has access to Lattice Compensation.
- Pay-related custom attributes that are created outside of the Compensation default attributes will not sync to Lattice Compensation.
- HRIS integration must be set up before Compensation default attributes can be synced. Learn more in Integrate Your HRIS with Lattice.
- The equivalent default or custom HRIS attribute to the Compensation default attribute must already exist within your HRIS. Ensure the equivalent attribute exists and is up-to-date.
Sync Compensation default attributes with an HRIS
- Integrate with your HRIS.
- Navigate to Admin > People > User attributes.
- Expand the Compensation attributes section.
- Link the required field Base pay amount.
- Click on the ellipsis (...) next to Base pay amount and select Link to [HRIS].
- An attribute modal will appear –– Under HRIS attribute, choose the attribute currently available within your HRIS that will be imported and linked to the Base pay amount default attribute.
- Select Link attribute.
- Repeat for additional fields.
- Note: Base pay amount, Currency, Pay effective date, and Pay type are required for compensation cycles. It is recommended that all four default attributes are linked if possible or that missing values are uploaded via CSV.
- Manually sync your HRIS to import values into Lattice.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > Integrations.
- Click Manual sync.
- View employee pay data via the Employee Pay page.