After an email domain change, admins may need to bulk update the email addresses for their employees. Because email addresses are a personal identifier for employee profiles, admins must assign each user an employee ID first to prevent duplicating profiles by replacing the email address as the unique identifer.
Bulk updating email addresses is only recommended if you need to make company-wide updates. Otherwise, emails should be updated manually on an individual basis to prevent duplicates. Learn more in Update Employee Information Via The Employee Profile.
Note: The steps below apply if you are updating users via CSV. If you are integrated with an HRIS, you can make changes directly within your HRIS which will sync over to Lattice.
Export the employee list as a CSV.
- Navigate to Admin > People > Employees.
- Click Export CSV.
- Within the CSV, create a new column titled “Employee ID” and assign each employee a unique ID.
- Upload the employee profile.
- Click Add employees > Upload CSV > Skip this step.
- Click Upload CSV.
- Re-download the file again. You should see the new employee IDs have been added.
- Change the necessary email addresses for each employee.
- Re-upload the file to update the email addresses in Lattice.