Compensation bands are used to establish the pay range for a specific role. A compensation band is defined by a minimum and maximum amount and is often differentiated between roles, levels, and locations. Compensation bands are recommended but not required for running a compensation cycle.
Create a compensation band
1. Navigate to Admin > Compensation > Compensation Bands.
2. Select Create band > Create new band.
Note: To bulk upload compensation bands, select Upload from CSV, download the template, and reupload.
3. Add the following required fields:
- Job level
- Job function
- Job type
- Currency code
- Min base pay (salary)
- Mid base pay (salary)
- Max base pay (salary)
4. (optional) Select Show optional fields to view and input any additional values, including OTE, equity, and bonus.
5. Select Save to apply the compensation band to the track.
6. Select Save.
Next, learn how to assign employees to compensation bands.