How to deactivate a user in Lattice
Deactivating a user allows you to store their data but ensure that they no longer have access to Lattice.
To deactivate a user within Lattice, an Admin can follow these steps:
Step 1: Enter the "Admin" page, and navigate to the "People" section.
Step 2: Search for the user you would like to deactivate by searching their name or scrolling down to find them.
Step 3: Click on the ellipses to the right of the user's name.
Step 4: From the drop-down menu, click "Deactivate user."
After deactivating the user, you'll find them in the "Deactivated" section under "People."
When deactivating a user, the following happens:
- The user will be removed as a department head (if applicable)
- The user will be removed as a direct report of their manager (if applicable)
- The user will be removed as a manager of their direct reports (if applicable)
- The user will be removed from all teams.
- 1:1 relationships will be marked as inactive, but the agendas and notes will be accessible for any user that had a 1:1 with the deactivated user.
- If the user is the sole owner of a goal, the goal will automatically end and be given incomplete status. If you would like to learn more about goal statuses, check out Understanding Goal Progress and Statuses.
- Updates submitted and Feedback given to the deactivated employee will be visible to the manager within the My team page.
- Tracks and Growth areas will no longer be visible.