How to archive a user in Lattice.
Admins can deactivate a user from Lattice. Deactivating a user will store their data but ensure they no longer have access to Lattice.
Before you start
- If your account is integrated with an HRIS, you will need to deactivate the employee within the HRIS. Upon the next sync, Lattice will deactivate the user within the platform.
- If ADP has been integrated, export the employee CSV, update the employee's status to "terminated," and re-upload the CSV. Learn more in Bulk Update Employees by CSV and in Deactivate a User when integrated with ADP.
- If you are deactivating employees using CSV upload or SFTP, the email address is required within the CSV or SFTP file, regardless of whether it includes the employee ID.
Deactivate a user
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > Employees.
- Search for the employee using the search bar.
- Within the employee row, navigate to ellipsis (...) > Deactivate user.
When deactivating a user, the following occurs:
- The user will be moved to the Deactivated tab within the Employees page.
- The user will be removed as a department head (if applicable).
- The user will be removed as a direct report of their manager (if applicable).
- The user will be removed as a manager of their direct reports (if applicable).
- The user will be removed from all teams.
- 1:1 relationships will be marked as inactive, but the agendas and notes will be accessible for any user that had a 1:1 with the deactivated user.
- If the user is the sole owner of a goal, the goal will automatically end and be given incomplete status. Learn more in Understanding Goal Progress and Statuses.
- If the user is the sole owner of the goal and it has no children, the goal will be archived.
- If the user is not the sole owner of the goal, the goal will remain visible.
- If the user is the sole owner of the goal and it has children that are owned by a different user, the goal will remain visible.
- Updates submitted and Feedback given to the deactivated employee will be visible to the manager on the My team page.
- Tracks and Growth areas will no longer be visible.