Admins can require employees or admins to log in using Single Sign-On (SSO) instead of a username and password. This will also remove the ability to sign in with Google.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > Platform > Single Sign-On.
- Mark the check box next to Force employee login through SSO.
- Note: This setting does not apply to super admins to allow for troubleshooting. Super admins can bypass SSO to sign in with a username and password.
- To require admin users to log in only with SSO, mark the check box next to Force admin login through SSO.
- Note: With this setting checked, admins cannot log into Lattice if the SSO integration breaks or the SSO certificate expires. If you are an admin in this state, contact Lattice Customer Care for assistance.
- If SSO has not been set up, copy and paste your XML Metadata into the text box. You do not need to do this if you have already set up SSO.
- Click Save.
Troubleshoot your SSO force login
If the Save button is inactive and unclickable, re-upload your metadata from your SSO provider. You can update your metadata by clicking Update XML Metadata. After pasting your metadata into the text box, you can save your force settings.