A list of review cycle notifications by stage and tasks to complete
This article includes the following topics:
- Before you start
- Peer selection notifications
- Review writing notifications
- Review sharing notifications
Before you start
- Admins can send a variety of notifications during the performance review process. We'll break down these notifications by review stage, Admin action, if they're customizable, and who receives the e-mail below.
- By default, Lattice sends these notifications as emails. If you use Slack or MS Teams you can navigate to the Notification Center to customize where we send your employees' notifications.
- Each notification corresponds to a specific call to action and task employees will see on their home pages. The notifications contain links to the page where action is required in Lattice.
- A notification is not sent to reviewees when an admin or manager overrides the reviewee's peer selection.
Peer selection notifications
Send this notification by using the Launch peer selection button shown below. After selecting With notification you can fully customize the subject and body of the email. This notification will be sent to either employees or managers depending on your peer selection settings.
Note: Peer nominees are not notified when nominated for a peer review. Instead, when the writing phase begins, they will be able to view who they are reviewing.
If employees nominate their own peer reviewers
Peer Selection reminder email (customizable):
When a direct report finishes nominating their peers, managers will receive an automated, non-customizable email instructing them to confirm:
If managers select peer reviewers for their direct reports
Peer selection launch email for managers is entirely customizable:
Reminder notification for managers:
Review writing notifications
These notifications occur after you end peer selection (if applicable), and launch the review. Use the Launch reviews button follow by With notification to customize the subject and body of the email, and then send to employees. All reviewers receive this notification.
Review launch email (fully customizable):
Please note: If peer reviews are set to only be visible to managers, the launch email will not show the names of the peer reviewers.
If you elect to have managers write their reviews "Only after all other reviews are submitted for their direct reports", they'll receive the following email once those conditions are met for each direct report (sent automatically):
Or, if you unlock the manager review as an Admin by using the Allow managers to submit button followed by With notification:
Managers will see (customizable):
If you add a late reviewee, they will receive (not customizable):
If you add a late reviewer, they will receive (not customizable):
Review sharing notifications
After you end the review cycle, managers will receive one of the following notifications prompting them to view and then share their direct reports' results. These notifications are not customizable.
With summary remarks enabled, managers will receive:
Without summary remarks, managers will receive:
When a manager shares results, their direct report will receive:
When a direct report confirms receipt of their review packet, their manager will receive (Note, admins will only be notified if the reviewee does not have a manager):