How to use the context panel to view goals in a review cycle
While writing a review, reviewers can access the goals of the reviewee. Reviewers can utilize this information to help provide additional context and examples to their responses.
This article covers the following topics:
Before you start
- Private goals are only visible to the reviewers who have the correct permissions assigned to view the responses. For more information, check out the Review Visibility section outlined in this article.
- Within the context panel, goals are ordered ascending by the due date and will only display up to 20 goals.
Entering the review cycle
You can enter your review cycle from your Home page or from the People navigation bar.
Entering your review via the Homepage:
- Navigate to your Home page.
- Click on the Perform your reviews task.
- Navigate to the People page.
- Select your name at the top to be taken to your Profile.
- Select the Reviews tab and select the review cycle.
Using the reviews context panel
- Select the name of your reviewee from the left-hand panel. On the right-hand side, the context panel will become visible.
- Select Goals.
- (Optional) Filter goals by time by clicking on the time dropdown and selecting one of the following options:
- Past year
- Past 6 months
- Past 3 months
- Show all
- Click into a goal to be taken to the goal profile page within a new tab.
Private goals are only visible to the reviewers who have the correct permissions assigned to view the responses. This includes:
- Managers of the reviewer can view public and private goals when reviewing their direct reports
- Managers of Managers can view public and private goals when reviewing their indirect reports
- Custom relationships (Dotted-line managers), if configured, can view public and private goals for reviewers they have been granted Goals visibility into when reviewing those reviewees
- Peers and direct reports will only see public goals