How to use the context panel to view updates in a review cycle
While writing a review, reviewers can access previously submitted Updates. Reviewers can utilize this information to help provide additional context and examples to their responses.
This article covers the following topics:
Before you start
Updates are only visible to the reviewers who have the correct permissions assigned to view the responses. For more information, check out the Review Visibility section outlined in this article.
Entering the review cycle
You can enter your review cycle from your Home page or from the People navigation bar.
Entering your review via the Homepage:
- Navigate to your Home page.
- Select on Perform your reviews task.
- Navigate to the People page.
- Select your name at the top to be taken to your Profile.
- Select the Reviews tab and select the review cycle.
Using the reviews context panel
- Select the name of your reviewee from the left-hand panel. On the right-hand side, the context panel will become visible.
- Select Updates.
- (Optional) Filter Updates by time by clicking on the time dropdown and selecting one of the following options:
- Past year
- Past 6 months
- Past 3 months
- Show all
- Click on an Update to expand the view to include more detail, including each Update's sentiment score and responses.
Updates are only visible to the reviewers who have the correct permissions assigned to view the responses. This includes:
- Managers viewing Updates for their direct reports when reviewing their reports
- Managers of managers, if configured, viewing Updates for their indirect reports when reviewing their indirect reports
- Custom relationships (Dotted-line managers), if configured, viewing Updates for reviewers they have been granted Updates visibility into when reviewing those reviewees
- Peers and direct reports will have access only to public Updates when reviewing reviewees