Automated rules allow admins to automatically create one-time or recurring review cycles based on employee start date for their employees.
Learn how to create one-time automated review cycles in Use Automated Rules for Onboarding and Probation Reviews.
Before you start
- Automated rules need to be enabled before getting started. Learn more in How To Enable Automated Reviews.
- Automated rule reviews do not include a calibration step or weighted scoring.
- When choosing a schedule for the review cycle and selecting an Automatic sequence, you will set the number of business days each phase will stay open for. Each preceding phase will end at the same time the next phase begins.
- Automated rules will only pull in invited and active employees, not created users.
This article covers the following topics:
Create a recurring rule
- Navigate to Admin > Reviews > Performance reviews.
- Click Create automated rule.
- Name your review automated rule.
The following sections within the setup are required to complete to create a new automated rule:
Set the cadence review cycles will be automatically generated for your employees. For recurring reviews, select Repeating.
- The One time cadence will create a single cycle after the set amount of days. If chosen, add the total number of days after the employee's start date that a review should be created.
- The Repeating cadence will continuously generate reviews over time after every set of days. If chosen, select the total number of months after the employee's start date the first review cycle should generate and the total number of months the cadence should repeat.
Choose to include either All employees or Specific employees in the automated rule.
For specific employees, the participant selector allows you to filter and select based on the manager, department, or custom attribute. Learn how to create custom attributes in Managing Custom User Attributes.
When selecting reviewees, you will be presented with a preview of the upcoming 10 employees for which the rule will be triggered. If more than 10 employees start on the same day, Lattice will still create all necessary reviews even though not all of the names will appear in the upcoming list.
For all other configurations, refer to the steps in Create a Review Cycle.