How to set up an SFTP integration
If we don't have a one-click integration with your HRIS provider, you can still automatically send employee data from your HRIS to Lattice using SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol). SFTP can be used to create new users, deactivate former employees, and update attributes for existing users.
About SFTP with Lattice
Using SFTP is similar to uploading your employee information via CSV, but happens on an automated schedule. Many HRIS providers can generate a CSV file of your employee data and send it to our SFTP server.
If you don't know if your HRIS has this capability, please contact your HRIS representative directly. They can help you set this up. Otherwise, if you have an engineering or IT team, they may be able to write a script to upload CSV files to Lattice’s SFTP server.
Note: While Lattice does not charge additional fees for SFTP, your HRIS may. We do not offer SFTP with Paycom.
Initiate the SFTP Setup
- To begin setting up your SFTP, reach out to your Lattice Customer Success Manager (CSM). If you do not have a CSM or are unsure who your CSM is, contact Customer Care. Please include your Technical team responsible for setting up the SFTP so they can be in touch.
- Your CSM or Care contact will then provide you and your technical contact with instructions on the next steps. This will involve gathering information on what fields you want to send over to Lattice, what fields and column header names are acceptable, and other technical clarification from your HRIS provider.
- We will then turn on SFTP for your Lattice account and send you credentials to set up the SFTP connection from your HRIS.
- You or your technical contact may reach out to us to confirm that the CSV file or report you are generating is correct.
- When everything looks great and you are able to test your initial import, you will then be able to set them up to send out on a schedule.
Additional things to note:
- The CSV file should be in UTF-8 encoded format and the file name extension should be in lowercase. For example, lattice-file.csv.
- There is no maximum limit to the number of rows that SFTP supports.
- The max limit on data read for images is 150,00,000 characters.
The Import Log
The import log contains information about each sync, including any errors that prevented the sync from occurring.Learn more about the Import Log.