Helpful templates for writing successful internal communication when launching Lattice
When launching Lattice to your company, it is important to make three key points to your team:
- What are you doing? (Launching Lattice)
- Why are you doing it?
- What expectations have you set for your employees?
With that in mind, here are two sample email formats that you can use to introduce your employees to Lattice:
We are very excited to announce our launch of Lattice, our new people management system. To continually improve our Performance process, we will begin using Lattice to help us set clear goals that are aligned with our team and company objectives, give ongoing Feedback, which allows you to praise your peers, celebrate wins together or ask for and provide constructive feedback, and utilize manager tools like 1:1s and Updates, which will help facilitate conversation between an employee and manager. Finally, we will start running our annual Review cycle through Lattice. Review cycles are meant to help team members know how they are performing so they can take steps to enhance their professional development even further. Within Lattice, we will be using the following tools:
- Manager tools (Updates and 1:1s)
To find sample tool-specific launch emails, click here!
- You will be receiving an invite email from Lattice on [DATE]. Please register your account by [DATE].
- We will be scheduling training sessions to learn more about the platform on [DATE]. Please sign up for one of the sessions [here].
- After the training, your manager will schedule a meeting with you the week of [DATE].
- Please input your individual goals by [DATE].
- Download the Gmail/Outlook plug-in.
- Subscribe to our new Slack channel [CHANNEL].
- (Managers) Please schedule your 1:1 meetings through Lattice by [DATE].
- (Managers) Please enable Updates for your employees by [DATE].
If you have any questions about Lattice, please reach out to your manager or me.
We are rolling out a new performance management system, Lattice, which includes modules for:
- Reviews (we will start with a general review and then roll out different styles to keep things fresh)
- Goals (organizational, department & individual)
- Updates and 1:1s (customizable 1:1 template, shared meeting agenda)
- Feedback (real-time feedback tool that integrates w/ Slack & Gmail)
Lattice will help us streamline the review process and emphasize the importance of candid and timely feedback for everyone in the organization. The feedback module allows for public or private feedback to/from anyone in the company. Additionally, employees can request feedback from anyone in the company to proactively improve their performance.
Lattice also offers an online video library where you can find answers, walkthroughs, and discover how to use each Lattice tool. Once you have set up your Lattice account, please take some time to familiarize yourself with the tools we will be using. To learn how to access Lattice University, check out step-by-step instructions here!
In the meantime, we would like everyone to do the following:
- Accept your invitation to Lattice
- When signing in, click the 'Use Google Account' link and use your Gmail login
- Add the Gmail Plugin
- Join our new Slack channel, [CHANNEL], to see all of the public feedback shared.
Please reach out directly to me with any questions or concerns.
For additional email and presentation deck templates, be sure to check out our Change Management Hub in Lattice University.