Total Compensation gives employees visibility into their total current compensation, including base salary, variable pay, annual bonus targets, and equity. Total Compensation is a forward-looking view that reflects compensation over the coming year given current values and does not reflect backward-looking actuals.
To enter the Total Compensation page, navigate to Compensation > Total compensation.
Before you start
- Total Compensation is customizable. Therefore, employees may not have visibility into all sections on the page.
- Managers do not have visibility into the view for their teams.
Compensation summary bar
At the top of the page, employees can see their name and title. The colored bar breaks down Total Current Compensation by component.
Note: Component amounts are based on earnings for the next 12 months. Numbers are determined by the Employee Pay CSV upload.
- Base salary: Current base salary
- Variable: Current variable pay
- Bonus: Current annual bonus target
- Equity: Value of equity vesting in the next 12 months based on the current share price*
Compensation is represented in the employee’s local currency. If an employee does not have specific pay components, those parts of the bar will not appear.
The Pay section includes an overview of the total cash available to the employee. Pay is broken down by:
- Base salary
- Variable pay
- Comp band placement (if enabled)
- Target bonus
- Total cash
The sum of the base salary, variable pay, and target bonus values is equal to the total cash value. The About Pay section, if visible, includes a summary written by the account admin.
The Equity section includes aggregate values of all equity grants granted to the employee. Equity is broken down by:
- Total shares: Total number of shares granted to the employee (vested and unvested)
- Vested shares: The number of shares that have vested based on the vesting schedule and shares uploaded by the admin
- Current price: The price of the share based on admin configuration
- Total net value: The net value of the vested shares; Calculated by subtracting the strike price (if applicable) from the share price and multiplying by vested shares
- Total gross value: Calculated by multiplying the current price by total shares
Grant-level data for each grant issued can be seen below the Equity overview. Each grant includes the following information:
- Date grant was issued
- Total net value
- Number of shares vested
- Type of grant (ISO, NSO, RSU)
- Vesting start date
- Vesting schedule
- Strike price (if applicable)
The About Equity section, if visible, includes a summary written by the account admin.
The Equity scenario section provides a way to forecast the potential value of equity based on potential future multiples. The equity scenario is broken down by the following based on the selected potential equity scenario multiple:
- Company valuation
- Vested net value
- Total net value
Equity scenario chart
The chart shows how the equity value will vest over the years based on the selected multiple. The graph includes an annual and cumulative view:
- Annual view: Each year represents how much is vesting in just that year
- Cumulative view: Each year represents how much equity will have vested cumulatively
The slider at the bottom of the chart provides a way to adjust to different multiples. Admins will configure the endpoints that are possible to reach with the slider. If admins have configured specific milestone multiples, any additional context will show in a box below once that milestone is selected.