How to configure your SCIM in Lattice
Instead of spending hours copying and updating users manually, Lattice allows you to automatically configure Sapling to send user profile updates to Lattice using SCIM. The supported features include:
- Create Users: When a new hire completes preboarding in Sapling, they will automatically be created in Lattice
- Update User Attributes: When a user attribute is changed in Sapling, the corresponding user in Lattice will automatically be updated.
- Deactivated Users: When a user is deactivated or disabled in Sapling, the corresponding user in Lattice will automatically be deactivated.
Link Users: Link all existing Sapling team members to a user account in Lattice based on email address.
Configuring SCIM in Lattice
Note: an API key can give a server access to almost all of your Lattice data! Treat this key as if it were your password — do not share this key with anyone you do not trust, and avoid sending it to others over IM or email.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > Platform > API keys.
- Click Generate API Key.
- Copy the API Key to your clipboard.
- Once you have copied your API key, follow the steps documented by Sapling to integrate with Lattice.
Ensure you copy the exact value of this key (including all of the dashes) and store it somewhere secure. This key is needed in the next step when configuring SCIM in Sapling.
Note: if you revoke this API key, then the SCIM integration will not work. If you believe your key has been compromised, create a new key, update your Sapling settings, then revoke the old key.