The Lattice Benchmark for Engagement lets admins know how their company compares to other Lattice customers using real survey data from our recommended Lattice Question Bank.
By being able to compare to other organizations:
- Admins can be confident that conclusions and actions made are informed by data from real companies facing the same challenges and focusing on the same initiatives as the company.
- With data and comparative benchmarks that contextualize results against a representative set of other companies, admins can learn exactly what the themes are that make their culture click.
- The data the Lattice benchmark provides can help identify the areas that can most meaningfully improve to ensure the moments that matter in the employee experience is prioritized to be impactful.
This article contains the following topics:
To enable Lattice Benchmark, admins must use the default set of engagement questions. Adding default Engagement questions will automatically allow you to benchmark within survey results without additional steps. Learn more about our default questions in Surveys Question Bank.
To view benchmarks when analyzing your survey:
- Navigate to your engagement survey and enter the Results tab.
- Click into Questions > List view.
- Click the Compare dropdown and select a benchmark option.
- For each question, hover over the Δ Score to view how your score compares to the benchmark.
Understand Δ Score
The benchmark gives your organization a ranking of where you stand compared to other companies, including a percentage of how above or far your organization is from the Lattice Benchmark.
Note: Benchmarking is not available in saved views.
1. I have a best friend at work.
The overall distribution of responses for this question is positive, resulting in a score of 54. This is above the Lattice Benchmark of 45. Therefore, the company is 9 points, or 20%, above the Lattice benchmark.
2. I find that my values and company's values are similar.
The overall distribution of responses for this question leans on the negative side, resulting in a score of 32. This is below the Lattice Benchmark of 81. Therefore, the company is 49 points, or 60.5%, below the Lattice Benchmark. This is a potential area of improvement.
The following benchmarks are available in Lattice:
- Lattice 2019: Overall
- Lattice 2020: Overall
- Lattice 2020: COVID-19
- Lattice 2021: Overall
- Lattice 2021: Top Decile
- Lattice 2021: Top Quartile
- Lattice 2021: Employees: 0-250
- Lattice 2021: Employees: 250+
- Lattice 2021: Software & IT
- Lattice 2021: Prof & Biz Svcs
- Lattice 2021: North America
- Lattice 2021: Europe
- Lattice 2022: Overall
- Lattice 2022: Top Decile
- Lattice 2022: Top Quartile
- Lattice 2022: Employee count: <250
- Lattice 2022: Employee count: 250+
- Lattice 2022: Industry: Software & IT
- Lattice 2022: Industry: Prof & Biz Svcs
- Lattice 2022: Geo: North America
- Lattice 2022: Geo: Europe
- Lattice 2022: Geo: EMEA
For a list of questions available for benchmarking, check out Lattice Survey Templates.