Exit Surveys give admins a chance to gather key feedback from employees who are exiting the company to identify and address aspects of work-life that lead to employee attrition. Once a survey has received employee responses, survey admins can begin navigating through and analyzing exit survey reporting.
Before you start
Due to the sensitivity of responses, only survey admins can access reporting for exit surveys. Survey admins will need to be added to individual surveys via Setup.
For a detailed walkthrough of how Lattice calculates scores in surveys, please read How We Calculate Scores in Surveys.
This article covers the following topics:
Once an exit survey has received employee responses, survey admins can begin navigating through and analyzing exit participation reporting.
To access participation reporting, navigate to Admin > Engagement > Exit survey > Participation.
Learn more in View Exit Survey Participation.
Navigate to Admin > Engagement > Exit > Results.
The Results page groups data by Send date and will automatically default to the latest quarter in the view.
On the Results page, you will be able to view the following:
- The Employees surveyed date filter
- Overall score
- Overall participation rate
- List of themes surveyed, along with their participation rate and overall scores
- List of questions surveyed, along with their participation rate and overall scores
- List of respondents who have submitted responses along with their submission date, comments, and overall scores
- Comment filters
Within the Respondents list, select an individual to view their responses and comments to the exit survey.
Within the respondent's page, you can view the following:
- Survey themes and associated questions
- The individual's response to each question
- Comment responses
- Whether the user skipped a question