Aligning employees to job architecture allows admins to automatically sync employees to Grow tracks based on their assigned job type and function. Changes to employee job information can be made in one place, which auto-updates their Grow Tracks.
Learn more about job architecture at How to Align a Track to Job Architecture and How to Create and Manage Job Types and Job Functions.
Assign an employee to job architecture via the employee profile
Step 1: Navigate to Admin > People > Employees.
Step 2: Select the desired employee to enter their employee profile.
Step 3: Under Job architecture, select the employee's Job type, Job function, and Job level.
- Job type (required): The type of career path an employee can be on (e.g. Individual Contributor, Management, Professional, Support, etc.)
- Job function (required): The overarching type of work or “job” being done by a group of employees. (e.g. a group of employees performs the job functions of Product Design or Software Engineering or Recruiting or People Operations. While employees within these job functions may have a specific title or role which indicates their level or specialty, they are grouped under the umbrella of the overarching job function).
- Job level (optional): The level at which an employee is placed within their job type (e.g. an employee with a job level of IC1 would have a job type of Individual Contributor and be placed at level one of that job type)
Step 4: Select Save.
Auto-assigning an employee to a track
The following rules should be considered when aligning an employee to job architecture:
- If the employee is aligned to job architecture and their alignment matches the job architecture of a Grow track in Lattice, the employee will be automatically assigned to that track. For example, Lucille Aguilar is assigned to the Job type: Individual Contributor, the Job function: Software Engineering, and Job level: IC2. Therefore, Lucille has been auto-assigned to the Track: Engineering with Track Level: Software Engineer II.
- If the employee is aligned to job architecture, with no matching Grow track, the employee can be added manually to a Grow track that is NOT aligned to any job architecture. In the future, if the Grow track gets aligned to job architecture, the employee will inherit the job architecture of that track.
- If the job architecture of their current track is different from the job architecture of the employee, then the employee will be removed from the track to maintain their existing job architecture.
Next, learn How to Align a Track to Job Architecture.