Aligning a Grow track to job architecture allows admins to sync employees to Grow Tracks based on their Job Architecture alignment. Job architecture brings structure and organization to Grow tracks by reflecting how companies organize those tracks.
Changes to employee job information can be made in one place, which auto-updates their Grow tracks.
Before you start
Only admins can create and align a track to job architecture. Only admins can view architecture in tracks.
Align a track to job architecture
Step 1: Navigate to Admin > Grow > Auditing.
Step 2: Select your desired track or create a new track.
Step 3: Navigate to the Settings tab and select the Align track to job architecture carot.
Job type and job function
Step 4: Select and assign the track to a job type and function. Both need to be selected in order to align to job architecture. Learn more about creating and managing new job types and job function in How to Create and Manage Job Types and Job Functions.
- Job type: The type of career path an employee can be on (e.g. Individual Contributor, Management, Professional, Support, etc.). Lattice includes Individual Contributor (IC) and Management (M) as default job types.
- Job function: The overarching type of work or “job” being done by a group of employees. (e.g. a group of employees performs the job functions of Product Design or Software Engineering or Recruiting or People Operations. While employees within these job functions may have a specific title or role which indicates their level or specialty, they are grouped under the umbrella of the overarching job function).
Step 5: Select Align track.
Step 6: Enter the Matrix tab to confirm Job function, Job type, and track level alignment.
Please note: Only admins will have visibility to job architecture alignment with the matrix.
Employees with a matching job type and job function will automatically be added to this track. Employees on this track without a job type and job function will inherit the job architecture of this track.
Job architecture rules
The following rules should be considered when aligning a track to job architecture:
- If a Grow track with unaligned employees on it is aligned to job architecture (i.e. aligned to a specific job type and job function), the unaligned employees on that track will inherit the job type and job function of the track and become aligned employees. Learn more in How to Align an Employee to Job Architecture.
- If a Grow track with aligned employees on it is aligned or re-aligned to different job architecture, employees on the track with a different job architecture alignment than the track will be removed to maintain their existing job architecture.
- If a Grow track is aligned to job architecture and there are employees in Lattice with a matching job architecture alignment, then those employees will be automatically assigned to that Grow track. Learn more in How to Align an Employee to Job Architecture.
- If an admin unaligns a Grow track from job architecture, then the Grow track will no longer be associated with a job type, job function, or job levels. The Grow track will keep it’s existing track levels. Employees assigned to the track will maintain their job architecture alignment and will remain on the track as long as no other Grow tracks match their job architecture alignment.
Next, learn How to Align an Employee to Job Architecture.