In cases where a duplicate profile was created and deactivated or a profile shows a Failed to Save error when editing an email, an admin may want to free up the email address of the duplicate profile so they can use it for the proper employee profile. To do this, you will need to edit the email address of the deactivated profile.
- Enter the duplicate employee profile.
- If you are connected to an HRIS, you will need to disconnect the profile from the integration to clear the external ID.
- To free up the duplicate profile's email for use in the proper profile, edit the email address and save. This email address can be fake or nonsensical since the duplicate profile will not be in use.
- Enter and edit the proper employee profile to include the desired email address and save.
- Deactivate the duplicate employee profile.