Adding peer reviews to the review
Step 1: Navigate to Admin > Reviews > Auditing.
Step 2: Start your new review cycle by clicking Create new cycle.
Step 3: Under Reviewers, toggle on Peers and assign peer reviews a review template.
Peer review settings
Once you have set up peer reviews, you can customize peer settings to fit your organization's preferences.
Who selects the peers to be reviewed?
If you've chosen a Review that includes peer selection, you'll also be prompted to choose who selects the peers to be reviewed. Lattice offers two ways to handle this process during the setup:
- Managers select peers for their direct reports.
- Reviewees nominate their own peers and get them approved by their manager.
If you are not under a time constraint, we recommend allowing reviewees to nominate their own peers. This gives them some ownership over the review while still giving their manager (and the admin) the final say. Any changes that the manager makes will not notify the reviewee. However, depending on the deliverable settings, they will be able to view the peers who reviewed them within their review packets.
Advanced options: General
- Limit number of peer nominations. Admins can limit the number of peer reviewers that managers or reviewees can choose. Learn more about restricting peer nominations in Peer Selection Limits Within a Review Cycle.
- Allow employees to decline writing an approved peer review. Admins can allow employees to decline nominations if they feel they do not have enough context or have not worked closely with the reviewee. Learn more about enabling employees to decline reviews in Enabling Reviewers to Decline Peer Reviews in Review Cycles.
- Allow peer reviewers to see the self-reviews of the people they are reviewing. Admins can allow peer reviewers to view the submitted self review for their reviewee to help provide additional context for their review responses. Please note: This setting is uneditable after launch. For more information, check out Editing the Settings of an Active Review Cycle.
Advanced options: Reviewees nominate their own peers
If Reviewees can nominate their own peers, you'll see additional Advanced options.
- Allow employees to nominate themselves to review others. Admins can allow reviewees to nominate themselves to review peers they have worked closely with. The peer's manager will need to approve this nomination. Learn more about employees nominating themselves in Allowing Employees to Nominate Themselves to Review Their Peers.
- Allow reviews to be drafted during peer selection. Admins can allow reviewers and managers to start drafting their self and downward reviews during peer selection. However, they will be unable to submit their review until the writing phase has begun.
Once you have selected your peer review settings, continue setting up your review cycle and create. Finally, learn how to manage and administer peer selection.