Incorporating a project-based review process helps organizations assess performance outside of the traditional reporting structure and instead review within a project team.
This article covers the following topics:
- Create a project-based review
- Conduct a review with a project lead
- Conduct a review without a project lead
Before you start
- To run a project-based review, you will need to enable this feature by following the Enabling Project-Based Reviews.
- Project-based reviews do not include a peer selection phase, therefore, reviewees will not be able to nominate peer reviewers. When peer reviews are included, project members will be automatically assigned peer reviews for each other excluding the project lead.
Create a project-based review
- Navigate to Admin > Reviews > Auditing.
- Select Create review cycle > Project-based review.
- Give the review a name. This name will be visible to all participants of the review cycle.
Within the Participants page, choose a project lead and team for the cycle.
Choose whether to include a project lead for the review cycle
Option 1: Conduct a project-based review with a project lead
If the project team includes a project lead, you can conduct a full 360 review where:
- The project lead gives downward feedback (reviews the team members)
- Team members give upward feedback (review their project lead)
- All team members review each other (peer review each other)
- A calibration phase can be added to the cycle
Project lead review visibility
To add a lead, choose Add a project lead and search and select the team leader from the dropdown menu.
Option 2: Conduct a project-based review without a project lead
If there is no project lead, you can conduct a project-based review based solely on peer and self feedback only. In this review:
- Team members can review themselves (self-review)
- Team members each review each other (peer feedback).
To move forward without a lead, choose Don't add a project lead.
Add project-based review participants via the dropdown or by uploading a CSV.
- If you have a project lead, you can include downward and upward reviews where the project lead is the reviewer for the downward review and the reviewee for the upward review.
- If you do not have a project lead, you can only add self and peer reviews for your team members.
The next stages of the project-based review cycle setup are similar to those of the classic review cycle! Learn more in Create a Review Cycle.