Lattice allows participants to add Update comments to a 1:1 agenda for discussion. Adding updates to your meeting helps managers digest and respond to status updates and allows employees to discuss roadblocks and become more effective.
Before you start
Updates can only be added to agendas for manager-employee relationships.
Add an update response from the 1:1 agenda
- Navigate to Home > Plan your 1:1.
- Select the manager 1:1 relationship.
- Within the agenda, select Add conversation starter > Updates responses.
- Select the desired update response.
- To add a response from the most recent update, select the update response from the dropdown menu.
- To add a response from an older update, select View all Updates > select the Update date > Click Add to agenda with [manager].
Add an update response to a 1:1 from the Updates tool
- Publish your update.
- Within your update, hover your cursor over the answer to the question you'd like to add.
- Select the chat bubble icon that appears to add the question to your 1:1.
- (Optional) To remove a comment from the 1:1 meeting, re-click the chat bubble icon.
View update comments in your 1:1
When you enter your next upcoming 1:1 meeting, you'll see your Update question on the meeting agenda.
Like other talking points, the Update talking point can be re-ordered in the agenda by clicking and dragging the 6 dots to the left up or down and marked complete by checking the box.
Update talking point behaviors
- Update talking points can only be deleted from the agenda by the person who added them.
- If an update answer is edited, that edit will be reflected in the 1:1 with (edited) appearing after the update talking point.
- If you try to delete an update containing a question that has been added as a talking point, Lattice will:
- If the 1:1 is in the past: warn you that the update is linked to a talking point, and it will impact 1:1 history when deleted (and then remove the talking point from the historic 1:1 upon deletion)
- If the 1:1 added is in the future: the update talking point will be removed without a warning message