Use Driver Analysis to create Action Plans
Once a survey has ended and driver analysis is complete, survey admins can begin to create action plans based on the highest impact questions in order to improve engagement scores.
The following steps are required to create an action plan:
For a list of notifications for action plans, check out List of Notifications for Engagement Surveys..
Flag survey question
The first step to creating an action plan is to flag questions that the company should focus on. If the survey includes one of the 5 Core Engagement themed baseline questions, Lattice will automatically flag questions as a starting place for your action plan. Survey admins can also manually flag questions to include in your plan.
To flag questions:
- Navigate to Admin > Engagement > Surveys.
- Click View results to enter the survey and navigate to Results > Questions.
- Flag questions:
- If applicable, view auto-flagged questions and confirm you'd like to include them to the action plan.
- Driver analysis will identify which questions would have high impact on engagement. Learn more in Driver Analysis.
Note: When a manager is viewing their team's results, we will recalculate the impact scores for their team. This allows the manager to choose hyper-specialized actions that are more centered towards their team.
How auto-flagging works
After an engagement survey has ended, Lattice will automatically flag questions to focus on as a starting place for your action plan.
Note: Auto-flagging is only available if you use one of the 5 Core Engagement-themed baseline questions from Lattice's Question Bank.
The auto-flagging feature focuses on the "actionability" of questions, which is assessed using both how low a question score is, and how high an impact score is. Questions with a score greater than 95 will never be auto-flagged because that high of a score indicates that engagement is already high so you might want to focus your efforts on some other areas instead.
Lattice will select the top 2 most actionable questions from each theme and from that set, the top 5 will be flagged. This means Lattice will auto-flag at most 5 questions, with no more than 2 from every theme. However, there is no limit on what users can manually flag to bring to their action plan. Users can also deselect a question that has been auto-flagged by simply clicking on the highlighted flag. Themes will also be auto-flagged based on the questions that were chosen. Users cannot flag themes manually.
Create focus areas and publish action plan
- Navigate to Action plans and enable Company and Manager action plans, if applicable.
- Create a focus area:
- Under Flagged questions and Themes, select the desired question or theme by clicking Create focus area.
- Click on the created focus area within the Focus areas left-hand panel.
- Add a title and an optional description that describes the overall focus.
- Configure Settings:
- Due date
- Create an action that will help improve the focus area:
- Click + Create a new action:
- Add a title and description.
- Select a due date.
- Add action Owners.
- Select a suggested action.
- Click + Create a new action:
- Click Publish action plan > Publish.
Note: When you publish an action plan, you can no longer add additional focus areas or edit your actions until you unpublish.
What are Suggested Actions?
Our Lattice's People Strategy Group partnered with the Engagement Product team to curate the list of Suggested Actions for focus areas. Each question has 2-5 suggested actions and is tailored to reflect company versus manager action plans.
Note: Suggested Actions will only appear for specific individual questions and not for focus areas around themes.