As an Admin, there are many different ways to view how your employees are using goals. Below, you'll find a breakdown of the different reports and filters you can use in Lattice, to help you get the most out of the tool!
Accessing Goal Reporting
Step 1: Navigate to the "Admin" panel found at the top navigation bar
Step 2: Under "Goals" click into "Reporting"
Filtering & Grouping Goals
Near the top of the auditing page, you'll first see the ability to filter your view of goals.
For example, you could choose a filter to view only the goals owned by individuals on the People Operations team across all time.
To group the goals by an individual, manager, or department:
- Select the "Group by" button in the top right corner
- Choose how you'd like the goals to be grouped (Individual, Manager, or Department)
- Select the time range you'd like the goals to be displayed from. Note: the time range will only show goals with end dates during the particular time range selected.
When you select "Group by: Manager", you'll see data for managers' direct reports. When you select "Group by: Department", you'll see data for members of different departments in aggregate, so you can see which parts of your business are participating in your goal-setting program.
*Please note that the counts in this section will refer to the total number of employees that are owners of goals. For example, if a goal is co-owned by three individuals, it will show up as a goal for each of them. This does not count archived users.
Under filtering, Admins will also have access to view additional reporting information outlined below:
- Employees with objectives: Employees that are goal owners for at least one objective in Lattice in the selected timeframe. This is calculated by the number of employees with goals divided by the total number of employees in Lattice.
- Objectives updated: Objectives that have been updated in Lattice. This is calculated by the number of objectives updated divided by the total amount of objectives in Lattice in the selected timeframe. Note, you'll need to update the overall objective rather than the key results for this metric to show up in reporting.
- Aligned to company: The number of objectives that have been aligned to a company objective, including any goal that eventually feeds into your company objectives. Shown above is the number of objectives aligned to company goals divided by overall objectives in Lattice. Note this will only be shown if you have enabled cascading goals for your org. Access this help center article here for more information!
- Overdue objectives: Objectives that have not been completed by their designated due date. The number of objectives that are overdue divided by total objectives in Lattice.
- Objectives on a cycle: Objectives that are part of a Goal Cycle. The number of objectives in a Goal Cycle divided by the number of total objectives in Lattice. Access this help center article here to learn more about Goal Cycles!
Managers will be able to access the goal auditing page from their "Your team" tab.
By selecting the status page, you'll see a display table with total goals over time, color segmented by their status. This is useful as an Admin checking on the relative temperature within your organization over a given quarter.
As an admin, you can use the table below to pinpoint individuals, managers, and departments.
You can also change how it is grouped as well as the time period.
Below you will see the breakdown of the goal owner's name, manager, department, how many goals they have if they have been updated, the breakdown of goal progress, and whether the goal has ended.
The goal status page allows Admin to easily track the goal progress by department, manager, and/or manager.