Admins can include employees with hourly pay in compensation cycles.
- Ensure all employees are assigned a Pay Type (salary/hourly) before setting up your compensation cycle. You can update this data in bulk by uploading data to the Settings page or editing records for individual employees via the Employee Pay page.
- If compensation bands are part of your compensation strategy, ensure that you have created compensation bands to reflect hourly pay ranges and assigned employees to compensation bands. Learn more in Assign Employees to Compensation Bands.
The following are key steps for creating a compensation cycle with hourly pay. For a detailed cycle walkthrough, read Create a Compensation Cycle Overview.
- On the Participants page, admins can make hourly employees eligible for the compensation cycle and filter by Pay Type > Hourly to view hourly employees.
On the Data Check page, admins can input the estimated number of total hours per year for hourly employees.
- If you do not input an amount of hours under the Hourly compensation section on the compensation Settings page, Lattice will default to 2080 hours.
- The estimated number of total hours cannot be edited in an active cycle.
On the Bonus page, admins can add one-time bonus payouts, set a one-time bonus payout budget, and add payout range limits.
- Hourly employees are eligible for one-time bonus payouts but not eligible for bonus plan payouts.
- On the Equity page, admins can enable the Equity refresh grant and Promotion equity grant settings to bulk upload equity for hourly employees via CSV.
Recommenders and admins can view employee pay in both the hourly rate and the annualized amount during the compensation cycle.
- Recommenders can see the net increase for hourly employees, which tracks the recommender’s spend and budget.
- Approvers can view the new hourly rate, the rate increase, and the annualized amount.
- At the end of a cycle, admins can decide whether or not to show employees the annualized amount of their hourly pay in share-out statements. Read more about configuring share-out statements as an Admin.
- Within the All cycle results export, there are two columns relevant for hourly employees. The Recommended base pay column is populated with the hourly rate for hourly employees and the Recommended base pay annualized column is populated solely for hourly employees.