- View who has not been assigned employee base pay and variable pay
- View missing employee pay assignments within the Data Check
A complete record means an employee has the following four fields filled out on the employee pay table: base pay amount, pay effective date, currency, and pay type.
All eligible and ineligible employees in the cycle must have a complete record of pay data. Only hidden employees are allowed to be missing pay data without error.
What can cause missing pay data?
- Hourly pay: Lattice does not support hourly pay. Employees with an hourly pay type must be hidden in a cycle.
- Archived employees: If an employee was deactivated in the time between clicking Generate list on the Rules and Ratings page and reaching the Data Check page, the archived employee must be removed from the Participants list.
- Although changes to employee pay or compensation band assignments will automatically be reflected within the compensation cycle after the cycle has launched, changes made to employee pay after clicking Generate list but before launching will not reflect in the cycle.
Solution 1: Regenerate employee list
Note: Regenerating will create a new snapshot of employees, removing configurations set in the Participants page, including promotions or eligibility status changes. If you do not want to lose the settings, try Solution 2 to manually identify the employee to be removed without regenerating the entire participant list.
- Navigate back to the Rules and Rating page of the cycle setup.
- Click Generate list.
- Make changes to promotions and eligibility within the Participants page.
- Note: Employees marked as hidden in the generated list cannot be changed from hidden to eligible or ineligible.
- Continue to the Data Check page. If there is still an error on missing pay data, proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Manual data audit
- Navigate to Admin > Compensation > Employee Pay > Upload pay data > Upload Employee pay.
- Download the Employee pay CSV template.
- Within the compensation cycle, go to the Participants page and select Upload CSV.
- Download the Promotion Decision CSV template.
- To determine which employees are missing, compare the two spreadsheets:
- Filter Promotion Decision CSV Template to show only eligible and ineligible.
- Then, check all employees in the Employee pay CSV template to ensure base pay amount, pay effective date, currency, and pay type are filled out. Pay Type must be salary, and Currency and Pay Effective Date must match selections on the Rules and Ratings page.
- If the listed employees are deactivated, they must be changed to hidden within the cycle or by reuploading the Promotion Decision CSV.
- Upload Employee Pay Data for any employees found as missing data OR mark them as hidden in the cycle.
- If you choose to upload pay data, return to the Rules and Ratings page and regenerate the eligible employee list to pull in the new pay data.