Lattice allows managers to collaborate and close the loop on employee feedback with Anonymous Comment Replies. This feature allows your team to dig into great ideas, learn more about employees' points of view, or address issues directly.
Lattice will send a weekly digest that includes new comment assignments or if a comment is awaiting reply. Learn more in A List of Notifications for Engagement Surveys.
Viewing anonymous comments as a manager
As long as the manager reply setting has been turned on and the manager role-based survey view has been shared, managers can begin to reply to comments as soon as their team results have been shared with them by a survey admin and the anonymity threshold is met. Managers will receive one of two email notifications that indicate they can start responding:
- "Your report from [Survey Name]": This indicates the survey admin has shared your team's results with you.
- "New survey comment assigned to you" (if applicable): This indicates the survey admin has assigned a specific anonymous comment to you. This will link to your team's survey results with the "Assigned to me" filter applied."
Managers can always access shared results from their Home Page.
Replying to Anonymous Comments as a Manager
Managers can begin to reply to comments as soon as they start coming in and the anonymity threshold is met. To reply to a comment:
- Enter your survey from your Home Page or email notification.
- Click on the Comments tab. Here you can filter by assignment, reply status, sentiment, and response.
- Once you have found a comment that you would like to respond to, click Reply, respond, and the blue Reply to submit.
Once you have sent a reply, the anonymous user will be notified that they received a reply and can continue to respond or mark the conversation as "Complete." The employee will remain anonymous throughout the conversation; however, they will have visibility into the responder.
Repliers can submit a response directly to the employee or type in a private note. Private notes are internal notes that are only visible to admins, survey admins, or, if applicable, managers and managers of managers.
Completing a Conversation
The anonymous user is the only user who can mark a conversation as "Complete." Managers can view these conversations using the filter or by searching for conversations marked as complete. For more information on the employee experience, check out "Viewing and Replying to Anonymous Survey Comments as an Employee."
Assigning a comment
Managers can assign a comment to the following:
- Survey Admins
- Leave Unassigned
Once a manager assigns the comment to the survey admin group, all survey admins will receive an email notification to notify them they have an assigned comment.
To see how a reply appears for an employee, check out Viewing and Replying to Anonymous Survey Comments as an Employee.