How to make Updates accessible to all or a subset of users
Admins can enable Updates for your entire organization or a subset of users. Below are the steps to do that.
Before you start
- The activation settings will only make the tool available to users. Updates settings will still need to be manually set or turned on for each individual by either a manager or an admin.
- If an employee does not have a manager, for example, CEO, they will only be able to post public Updates.
Adjust your Activation Settings
- Navigate to Admin > Updates > Settings.
- Under Activation Settings, select one:
- Enable for everyone
- Enable for specific employees
- Disable Updates
- (Optional) If Updates is turned on only for a subset of users, you will need to select them by department or user attributes. This will prevent any user not assigned to the selected department or attribute from having visibility into the tool.
- Click Save.