How to make Updates accessible to all or a subset of employees
Lattice allows you to enable Updates for your entire organization or a smaller group of users. We provide the flexibility you need to help facilitate a phased rollout of the tool if you choose to do so.
Before you start
- The activation settings will make the Updates tool visible to your employees' managers. Updates will still need to be manually set or turned on for each individual by either a manager or admin.
- If an employee does not have a manager, for example, in the case of a CEO, they will only be able to post public Updates.
Adjust your Activation Settings
- Navigate to Admin > Updates > Settings.
- Under Activation Settings, select:
- Enable for everyone
- Enable for specific employees
- Disable Updates
- (Optional) If you only turn on Updates for a subset of employees, you will need to select employees by department or user attributes. This will prevent any user not assigned the selected attribute from having visibility into the tool.
- Click Save.