- Troubleshooting: Disconnect or restore
- Troubleshooting: When a calendar integration disconnects
- Troubleshooting Google Calendar
- Troubleshooting Outlook
If you are experiencing any issues when attempting to sync your Google Calendar or Outlook with your 1:1 relationship, you may receive an error message like this:
Why am I receiving this message?
The most common reason an integration breaks is because the recurring event on your calendar was edited. While you can change individual events, this may break the integration if the series changes. If your manager changes in Lattice, this could also break the integration.
Troubleshooting: Disconnect or restore
You will need to Disconnect from the calendar event if:
- There is a problem between Lattice and the event in your calendar. This usually happens when you create a new recurring series event from your calendar instead of moving the individual event.
You will need to Restore calendar sync if:
- The authorization to your calendar account has been broken. This usually happens when someone changes their password to their connected calendar account.
Step 1: Navigate to Home > Plan 1:1s > Select the desired 1:1 relationship.
Step 2: Once in the 1:1 agenda, navigate to Settings.
Step 3: Under Calendar event sync, choose Disconnect from Calendar event or Restore calendar sync.
Troubleshooting: When a calendar integration disconnects
When a 1:1 calendar integration stops syncing or Lattice cannot access the next 1:1 for any reason, users will receive an email to reconnect their calendar to their 1:1 event.
If you receive this email, there are a few things you will want to check to ensure a seamless calendar integration:
- Check if the event still exists as a recurring event in your calendar. The event should also be active and not have a "Cancelled" status in your calendar.
- Do both emails match the users' profiles? Check to ensure that both manager and direct report's emails associated with the calendar event match their emails in Lattice.
- Disconnect and reconnect the 1:1 calendar integration. If you notice that the calendar integration has disconnected, reconnect the integration with all of the correct fields in place.
Troubleshooting Google Calendar
Re-adding Lattice's authentication
If you are experiencing issues with syncing your Google Calendar after disconnecting and reconnecting, remove and re-add Lattice's authentication in Google Calendar.
Step 1: Within your Google Calendar, navigate to Gsuite > Manage your Google account.
Step 2: Navigate to Security > Manage third-party access.
Step 3: Next to Lattice, click Remove Access.
Step 4: Once you have removed access from Lattice, you will then reconnect your Google Calendar.
Google verification issues
If you are getting an error that states Not Google Verified, you may have issues with your account's client_id. In this case, navigate to your Google Workplace account, and under App controls, please re-add Lattice. This ensures the client_id matches and is verified by Google.
Outlook Need Admin Approval error message
When integrating your 1:1 with Outlook, you may receive a Need admin approval error message.
This error message indicates that additional permissions are needed in your organization's Microsoft instance. We recommend reaching out to your IT team and having them make sure that the following API permissions are given to Lattice from their Microsoft configuration:
For a step-by-step guide to adjusting admin permissions, check out Microsoft's Configure the admin consent workflow.