Manage your Lattice 1:1 relationships in Outlook
Lattice allows you to sync your 1:1 relationships with your Outlook calendar. The Lattice Outlook Calendar integration will automatically update Lattice when rescheduling or canceling your event within Outlook.
Before you start
The Outlook integration is a one-way integration with Lattice. Lattice will use Outlook as the source of truth for 1:1 scheduling but will not add notes or create an event within Outlook.
The following must be met for the integration to be successful:
- The Outlook account must be hosted on Microsoft servers and not self-hosted.
- The Outlook account must be integrated using the Microsoft web login, not the desktop version.
- In Outlook, the 1:1 event must be set to recurring and unending and already exist within your calendar.
- The Outlook event must be scheduled no more than four months into the future to prevent disconnection.
- Calendar events created by third-party applications such as Clockwise and Reclaim.ai aren't supported by Lattice's calendar integration.
If you encounter issues trying to connect the Outlook integration, please read Troubleshooting Your Calendar Integration for possible solutions.
This article contains the following topics:
- Connecting your Calendar
- Join Zoom directly from the 1:1
- Changing the time of your 1:1s
- Disconnecting Outlook
Connecting your Calendar
Step 1: To connect your calendar, make sure you already have a recurring meeting set in Outlook.
- If you are creating this 1:1 relationship for the first time, navigate to Home > Plan 1:1s. Select the plus sign (+) > Set up new 1:1 > Connect to an existing calendar event.
- If you already have a 1:1 relationship in Lattice, navigate to Home > Plan 1:1s. Select the participant's name to open the agenda and select Settings > Connect to an existing calendar event.
Step 2: You will be prompted to choose your calendar provider (Outlook).
Step 3: If you have not given Outlook permission to sync with Lattice, you will be taken to a screen to do so. To sync your Outlook with Lattice, click Yes and follow the instructions for integration.
Step 3: Select the calendar that manages the event and select the specific event you would like to integrate.
Join Zoom directly from the 1:1
Participants can join Zoom from the agenda as long as the link is found in the Location field in Outlook.
Please note: Join Zoom will not show up in Lattice if the Zoom link is only available in the invite description. Lattice only supports Zoom meetings without any location/conference room added – Otherwise, you may encounter a Meeting ID error when joining.
Change the time of your 1:1s
Once you have synced your Outlook calendar with Lattice, every time you change the event on your calendar, Lattice will be automatically updated.
Once your 1:1 has passed on your calendar, Lattice will automatically schedule the next 1:1 for the following week. If you missed this 1:1 meeting, update the meeting time in Outlook to the new correct time for your make-up meeting.
To disconnect Outlook from Lattice:
Step 1: Navigate to your 1:1 > Settings > Disconnect from calendar event.
Once you disconnect, you have the ability to reconnect by following the steps above.
Q: How long does it take for changes made in a user's calendar to be reflected in Lattice?
A: Changes will be displayed in Lattice in about ~5 minutes.
Q: What happens when management changes happen?
When a manager changes in Lattice, the new manager will be responsible for setting up the subsequent calendar integration in Lattice. The 1:1 relationship with the previous manager will still be active, and they can deactivate that if they choose.
Q: What happens if I delete a 1:1 in my calendar?
- When deleting a single event in a recurring series, the deleted event will automatically show as canceled in Lattice.
- Lattice only deletes 1:1 agendas if there are no talking points or notes of any sort on the 1:1. If there are talking points, direct report notes, manager notes, etc., we do not delete them.
- When deleting all events in a linked series, the 1:1 will be disconnected from your calendar, and you'll receive the Restore Calendar Sync notice/email.
- Both parties declining a single event will cancel the 1:1 in Lattice.
Q: Is there a way to create an ad hoc 1:1 without a specific date attached to it?
A: Yes! To learn more about how to set up an ad hoc 1:1 in Lattice, check out How to Create an Ad hoc 1:1.
Q: If you change the date of a 1:1 in your calendar, will the updated time and date reflect in Lattice?
A: Yes, the date will update in Lattice, as long as the change is made at least 10 minutes before the day and time the original 1:1 was scheduled to take place in Lattice.
Q: Is it possible to schedule 1:1s daily if you're using a calendar integration?
A: Yes, as long as you have a daily recurring 1:1 on your calendar, you can also have this daily 1:1 reflected in Lattice!