Setting up your integration with Rippling
Integrating Rippling with Lattice makes user management easier:
- We automatically sync the employees you select from Rippling to Lattice in almost real time.
- We mirror your reporting structure from Rippling.
- When users are added or removed from Rippling, we'll create them and deactivate them in Lattice with the click of a button.
To sync your Lattice account with Rippling, you must be an admin in both Lattice and Rippling.
What employee information will come over to Lattice from Rippling? If synced, Lattice will pull the following information from Rippling:
- Job Title
- Start Date
- Telephone Number
- Preferred Name
Note: Select custom attributes can also be pulled into Lattice. Follow the steps in Import Your Custom User Attribute From an HRIS to pull in a custom attribute into Lattice.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > Integrations.
- Click on Rippling.
- Click Go to Rippling.
- Enter your Lattice subdomain. Note: The subdomain is the first portion of the URL. For example, if your Lattice URL were microsoft.lattichq.com, you'd enter "Microsoft."
- Lattice will request access to the following. You must click Authorize to move to the next step:
- Choose who should automatically get an account with Lattice when they join the company:
- Everyone except 1099 contractors
- Everyone including 1099 contractors
- Manually create accounts
- Set up rules for new hires
- Choose when employees should get access to Lattice:
- As soon as they signed their offer letter
- On their start date
- As soon as the admin hires them (before agreements are signed)
- Click Okay to be redirected to Lattice.
Today, Rippling has the option to:
- Auto-sync your employees nightly (this will happen at 12 am PST)
- Sync manually by clicking the blue "Sync" button
Even if you choose to auto-sync nightly, you will always have the option to sync manually during the day if needed. Please note that changes will take effect in Lattice on the effective date of the change in Rippling.
After the sync
Lattice will create a user for each user fitting your criteria with their set name, title, email, and manager.
Once you're ready, invite all users to Lattice via email by navigating to Admin > People > Created > Invite All Users.
If you would like to make any changes to a users' employee information, changes should be made in Rippling which will then sync these changes over to Lattice.
The Rippling import log
The import log contains information about each sync, including any errors that prevented the sync from occurring.
Learn more about the Import Log.