Before you start
Here are some helpful reminders before giving feedback in Gmail:
- You must be signed into Lattice to leave feedback.
- Your team member must be an active Lattice user.
- While you can give feedback via the Gmail plug-in, you cannot see feedback that you or others have previously received.
- If you have issues, try logging in and out of both Lattice and your Gmail.
- You can minimize the extension by clicking on the Lattice icon.
Install the Lattice Gmail plug-in
Step 1: Login to Lattice via your desktop.
Step 3: To confirm a successful install, enter an email thread where the sender or recipient(s) are Lattice users.
Step 4: On the right side of your Gmail inbox, you will see the Lattice plug-in - you are all set!
Give feedback via the Gmail plug-in
Step 1: Enter an email thread where the sender or recipient(s) are Lattice users – Participating team members will appear within the Gmail plug-in.
Step 2: Select the feedback recipient and feedback type:
- Give feedback
- Write a note-to-self
Note: All note-to-self feedback will only be visible to the author of the note.
Step 3: Select feedback visibility.
- Public: Everyone will be able to see the feedback
- Private: Only the recipient will be able to see the feedback
- Private + manager: Only the recipient and their manager will be able to see the feedback
- Manager: Only the recipient's manager will be able to see the feedback
The types of feedback available will depend on the Feedback settings selected by the admin.
Step 4 (optional): If your admin has set up company values, you can associate a value to the feedback before submitting the feedback. Learn more about values in How to Allow Employees to Attach Company Values to Feedback.