When getting your team set up on Lattice, it is important first to determine what your performance management process will be. Answering the questions below will help make your setup a breeze.
To make tracking easier, download the Lattice Onboarding Checklist here.
Uploading your employees
- Will you be uploading your employees through an HRIS integration (Bamboo HR, Namely, Rippling, Workday, Zenefits, Personio, ADP, Gusto)?
- If you don't use one of our one-click HRIS integrations, will you be uploading your employees using SFTP or SCIM?
- Will you be uploading your employees through CSV?
- When are you running your next review?
- How often will you be running reviews? (Quarterly, Mid-year, Annually)
- What type(s) of feedback will you collect in the review? (Self-Review, Manager Review, Peer Review, Upward Review)
- Should managers of managers have access to reviews of indirect reports?
- Will employees be setting both public and private goals? (Public goals can be seen by the whole company in Lattice, and Private goals can only be seen by their manager)
- Will you be inputting company-level goals?
- Will there be department-level goals?
- Are there specific people who own those department-level goals?
- How often would you like Lattice to remind employees to update their goals? (Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly, Twice a quarter, Never)
- Will you be integrating goals with Salesforce or Jira?
- Will all managers be using Updates with their direct reports?
- If so, how often should the reminder email go out? (Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly)
- Would you like managers to have the ability to customize the Update questions on a team/individual level?
- Will you be using the template that Lattice provides? (See template by going to Admin > Updates > Settings > Questions. If not, please think about which questions you’d like to use. Here is a helpful question bank.)
- Should managers of managers have the ability to see Updates from their indirect reports?
- When are you running your next Engagement survey?
- How often will you be running surveys? (Quarterly, Bi-Annually, Annually)
- What type of survey(s) will you be running? (Engagement, Team Effectiveness, Diversity & Inclusion, Manager Effectiveness, Custom)
- How long would you like your Survey to accept responses?
- Is there anyone you would like to make a Survey Admin (Give full survey response access)?
- How many people need to respond to a survey before you can access the results (3-10 people)? Note: this threshold protects the anonymity of your employees.
- Will you create your own tracks and competencies or use one of Lattice's Track Templates?
- Will employees be able to view all tracks or just their own?
- Will track levels sync automatically using your HRIS or via Lattice's custom attributes?
- To assist with career development, will employees use the default growth area templates or will you customize your own?