When will Goal reminders go out to employees?
Goal update reminders are set to be sent out on Thursdays around 10:00 A.M. in your local timezone before the Monday of Goal Digests. Goal Digest emails are based on the ISO cadence displayed in the ISO calculator.
If the employee does not have a timezone set in Lattice, the reminder will be sent based on the company's timezone. If no company timezone is set, the notification will go out Thursdays at 10:00 am PST.
In your goal settings, there are five options to set your reminder cadence to:
- Once a week
- Once every two weeks
- Once a month
- Twice a quarter
Here is a breakdown of when you can expect to receive an email notification reminder, based on your cadence setting:
- Weekly reminders are sent out every Thursday.
- Monthly reminders are sent out on the 3rd week of the month, and then every 4th week.
- Twice a quarter reminders are sent out the week before the middle and end of each quarter. So the reminder would get sent out on week 5 and week 11 of the first quarter and repeats on a 6-week cadence.
Note: Choosing the Never cadence will prevent email reminder notifications. However, Home page tasks will still be sent to employees who have not updated a goal in two weeks.
Goal reminder emails are only sent to employees who have not updated their goals since their last effective cadence. For example, if my company’s reminder cadence is set to never, and I have 10 active goals, 4 of which I have updated in the past 2 weeks, I have 6 stale goals.
- If an employee has no stale goals, they will not receive an email reminder notification during this cadence.
If an employee has stale goals, a task is generated on their Lattice Home page reminding them to update their goals. An email notification will also be sent.
- Note: If you chose the Never cadence, a task may still appear if there are goals that have not been updated in the last two weeks. An email notification will not be sent.