To import your company into Lattice, you can mass upload them using a CSV (comma separated value). To upload your CSV using our template, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Click on the "Admin" tab
Step 2: Click on the blue "Add employees" button at the top right
Step 3: Click "Upload CSV"
Step 4: Click "Download template"
For every row in the file, we will either:
- Create a new user account using that row's details
- Update an existing user's account
We will do this by matching each user's email address. Because of this, please make sure all emails are correct before uploading your CSV file.
Step 5: Save the template as a CSV and re-upload!
If you see any error messages, please refer to this article.
In the CSV file you upload, each row MUST have these columns:
- Manager's Email (For CEO’s or company heads, you may leave the field blank)
In the CSV file you upload, each row MAY have these additional columns:
- Start date (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Birthdate (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Gender (Male, Female, Non-binary)
- Phone number (293-191-9203)
The "Manager Email" will be used to configure your org chart and reporting structure. Again, please make sure these emails are correct as managers have special permissions around managing their team.
"Status" is used to create or deactivate Lattice accounts. The column can be set to either "active" or "terminated".
As a result:
- If the row is "active" and the employee doesn't yet have an account, we will create one for them
- If the row is "terminated" and the employee doesn't have an account we will skip that row
- If the row is "active" and the employee has an account we will update their details
- If the row is "terminated" and the employee has an account we will deactivate their account and they will no longer be able to log in
Once the CSV is uploaded, the users will remain in a "Created" state. They can be invited all at once or one at a time. Learn more here!
Leaving fields blank will neither remove information from a user's Lattice account nor change their account status. If you only need to add or change the details of one or a few users, you can upload a partial .csv that only contains their email addresses. Excluding email addresses/users from the upload will not effect their accounts.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or by clicking on the chat icon located on the bottom right of your screen.