To import your company into the system, you can mass upload them using a CSV (comma separated value). While you can certainly create your own upload from scratch, we recommend you use our template. To upload your CSV using our template, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Navigate to the Admin Panel
Step 2: Click on "Add Employees" on the righthand side
Step 3: Click "Upload CSV"
Step 4: Click "Download template"
For every row in the file, we will either:
- Create a new user account using that row's details
- Update an existing user's account
We will do this by matching on each user's email. Because of this, please make sure all emails are correct before uploading your CSV file.
Step 5: Save the template as a CSV and re-upload!
If you see any error messages, please refer to this article.
In the CSV file you upload, each row MUST have these columns:
- Manager's Email (For CEO’s or company heads, you may leave the field blank)
In the CSV file you upload, each row MAY have these additional columns:
- Start date (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Birthdate (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Gender (Male, Female, Non-binary)
- Phone number (293-191-9203)
The "Manager Email" and "Status" columns are a bit special. "Manager Email" will be used to configure your org chart and reporting structure. Again, please make sure these emails are correct as managers have special permissions around managing their team.
"Status" on the other hand can be used to deactivate Lattice accounts after an employee has been terminated. The column can be set to either "active" or "terminated".
This will cause:
- If the row is "active" and the employee doesn't yet have an account, we will create one for them
- If the row is "terminated" and the employee doesn't have an account we will skip that row
- If the row is "active" and the employee has an account we will update their details
- If the row is "terminated" and the employee has an account we will deactivate their account and they will no longer be able to log in
Once the CSV is uploaded, the users will remain in a "Created" state. They can be invited all at once or one at a time. Learn more here!