Sometimes once you have created an automated rule you will need to make edits to or occasionally pause the rule. The good news is you have the ability to do both within the rule itself.
Navigating to Automated Rules
To navigate to automated rules head to the "Admin" dashboard and select "Reviews" on the left hand navigation bar. From there, select the "Auditing" tab and then the "Automated Rules" Header. Once there it will show you your automated rules and you can select which rule you will need to edit.
Once you have selected which rule to edit you will have the options to "Pause Rule" and "Edit Settings". Pausing the rule will not trigger automations for employees that would have been included if the rule was running. When you unpause
Editing the Settings
The first section will bring you into "Rule Settings". From here you will be able to edit :
- The name of the rule
- Which employees are included in the rule. You will be able to select whether to include all employees or specific employees based on filters.
- The logic of the rule trigger: For one-time triggers this will be how many days after the the employees start date the rule triggers. For recurring reviews it will be when the first review will launch and how many months thereafter the rule should repeat.
From here you will also be able to visualize when the next 10 reviews are set to trigger. At this time, templates and scores can not be edited for automated rules.
In "Review Settings" you will be able to edit:
- The ordering of the review: You can choose to have managers complete their reviews at the same time as direct reports or after all other reviews have been submitted.
- The visibility of the review: If managers complete their reviews at the same time you will have the option to let them preview reviews submitted about their direct reports. In a review cycle that is split into two parts (self/peer/upward and manager) this setting will default to on.
Next, in "Deliverables". You will be able to edit what information is received by the reviewee. For a more comprehensive look into this section you can visit our article on deliverables. From here you can edit:
- Whether manager reviews and summaries are shared or whether just the summary is shared. This will only be an option if managers are required to fill out both a downward template and a summary.
- The visibility of the feedback. You can edit whether it will be shared with names attached, anonymized or only with the reviewees managers
- Who has control of of ending review cycles. You can edit whether only admins can end a review cycle for someone or whether managers can do so for their direct reports
Editing which scored attributes are included in the deliverables can not be edited at this time
Lastly, in the "Sequence" section section you will be able to edit whether your review timeline launches
- Manually: The review will create automatically but will stay as a draft until manually launched by an admin
- Automatically: The review will automatically create a week before the launch date and will automatically launch based on the dates an admin has set.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or by clicking on the chat icon located on the bottom right of your screen.