Tasks are created for goals within Lattice in two instances:
- When it's time to update a goal
- When it's time to set goals for a goal cycle
Updating a Goal Task
Tasks are created to remind you to update a goal and are sent out at a cadence of the admin's choosing.
The task will be named "Update your goal". Goal tasks are dismissible, meaning they can be dismissed without completing the action they're associated with.
By clicking on "Update Goal" you will be taken directly into the goal that needs updating
Tasks for Goal Cycles
Whether or not you will need to create a goal cycle depends on which types of goals the admin chooses to include in that cycle.
- If you need to create a company goal for a goal cycle your task will be named "Set company goals"
- If you need to create a department level goal for a goal cycle your task will be named "Set department goals for [your departments name]"
- If you need to create an individual goal for a goal cycle your task will be named "Set your goals"
By clicking "Set goals" it will take you into a blank goal profile and remind you which kind of goal you are setting for that cycle.