What are 1:1s?
The 1:1's tool allows both managers and employees to collaborate on a shared agenda for their in-person meetings. The first step to having a productive meeting is creating an agenda and making sure internal stakeholders are aligned. With the 1:1's tool, managers and direct reports can connect either their Google or Outlook calendars to Lattice so that we have insight into when your next 1:1 is (even if the time changes).
Why Use 1:1s?
Throughout the week both the manager and employee can go into the tool and add agenda items to be discussed. Often 1:1's can feel manager dominated and this gives employees equal ownership over their in-person meeting. Once the agenda is set, Lattice will send both employees an email 2 hours before the meeting with the agenda so they can come better prepared for the meeting. Once the meeting starts both employees will be able to add notes so there is a system of record detailing what was discussed and any takeaways.
You can also manage these 1:1s on our Mobile App. Learn more about 1:1s on the go here.
An Overview of 1:1s
- Creating Company Wide Agenda Items to make 1:1s easier and more systematized for your company
- Keeping track of who is having 1:1s at your company by understanding how to administer 1:1s
- An eBook on why 1:1s are important and how to run one for you and your HR team to review, as well as your managers
- Manager Tools specific webinar that goes into why 1:1s are important and how to use them (38 min)
- Turning on/off 1:1s as a manager
- Using 1:1 agendas (talking points) as a manager
- Navigating between 1:1s
- What are 1:1s?
- How to set up time for a 1:1 as a direct report
- How to change the time of your 1:1 as a direct report
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is there a way to create an ad hoc 1:1 without a specific date attached to it?A: Yes! To learn more about how to set up an ad hoc 1:1 in Lattice, check out this article here.
Q: If you change the date of a 1:1 in your calendar, will the updated time and date reflect in Lattice?A: Yes, the date will update in Lattice, as long as the change is made at least 10 minutes before the day and time the original 1:1 was scheduled to take place in Lattice.
Q: Is it possible to schedule 1:1s on a daily basis if you're using a calendar integration?A: Yes, as long as you have a daily recurring 1:1 on your calendar, you can also have this daily 1:1 reflected in Lattice!