After you have created a custom relationship and associated it with at least one employee, you can configure the visibility of this custom relationship by following the steps below:
Step 1: Navigate to the "Permissions" tab found under "People"
Step 2: Look under "Custom attribute relationships"
Here you will see the name of the custom relationship you have created, as well as how many employees it applies to.
Step 3: Click "Configure" to the right of the custom attribute name to choose visibility options given to the custom relationship
There are seven visibility permissions that you can configure for a custom relationship. For example, when setting up the custom attribute relationship of "Manager Visibility" given to a dotted-line manager, there are five different visibilities you can give this additional manager.
- Visibility into private Updates
- Visibility into private Goals
- Visibility into manager level custom attributes
- Visibility into Reviews
- Visibility into private Feedback
- Visibility and editing into a growth plan
- Visibility into 1:1s
As a reminder, granting a custom relationship visibility will allow that person to view all historical data, regardless of any manager changes.
To remove this visibility
To remove visibility into a Lattice tool entirely, you will have to remove the custom relationship from the employee profile. To remove visibility into a specific Lattice tool, you will want to follow the steps above and uncheck the permission boxes.
- Creating Custom Relationships
- Mass Updating User Attributes by CSV
- Custom Relationship Visibility into Manager Level Custom Attributes