Happy Friday! It’s our first update for Q4 and we promise, it’s going to be a good one. Check out below for our recent product releases, upcoming webinars, and the details of our Customer Referral Program.
Before we dive in, I wanted to make sure you heard about the exciting events we have coming up:
People Ops Round Table on Building a Remote Culture
- When: October 23rd at 11am PT
- Where: virtual
- What: this is a live virtual discussion between 4 panelists on how to build culture among dispersed teams
- Sign up here
Panel Discussion: Scaling Smart - How to Grow Your Culture and Make the Right Hiring Decisions
- When: October 25th from 6pm-8:30pm PT
- Where: 450 9th Street, San Francisco, CA
- What: Our CEO, Jack Altman, will be co-hosting this event with the CEO of Atrium, Justin Kan to discuss how to hire the right people and scale your culture as your company grows
- Sign up here (password: founders)
Product Updates For Admins
Re-opening scores, manager summaries, and un-sharing review packets
After the review cycle has ended, we have provided you with more controls around scoring, summaries, and sharing to help navigate those situations where managers are asking you to change things they may have already submitted.
- Re-opening scored attributes: if a manager has submitted a score and would like to make a change (and you don’t have calibration enabled), then you can re-open that score for them to change. To do this, go into the review cycle, click on the ellipsis next to the name of the direct report that they want to make the change for, and click “Reopen scores”.
- Re-opening manager summaries: if a manager has written a final summary and would like to make changes to it, you can now re-open that summary to allow them to make changes to what they wrote. To do this, go into the review cycle, click on the ellipsis next to the direct report’s name, and choose “Reopen summary remarks”.
- Un-sharing review packets: if for any reason a manager has shared a review packet and needs to make edits to anything in there, you now have the ability to un-share it with their direct report. To do this, go into the review cycle, click on the ellipsis next to the direct report’s name, and choose “Un-share reviewee packet”.
Switch peer approver during peer selection
Once you have launched the peer nomination phase for your review cycle, you now have the ability to update the approving manager if needed. To do this, click into the review cycle and click on the employee’s name in the Reviewee’s table. On the right-hand side, you will see the ability to make edits to the approving manager.
Once you’ve added the new approver, they will have a task on their dashboard to approve peer nominations for that employee.
Managers can end the review cycle for their direct reports
We’ve made an update to this feature so that managers can now end the review cycle once they have written their manager review, regardless of if allother reviews have been submitted. This gives the manager more flexibility to move through the review cycle as needed.
You can enable this feature when setting up your review cycle in the “Deliverables” section under “Control.
To learn more about how this feature works, click here.
Quarterly cadence option for Updates
When setting the cadence for how often we remind employees to fill out their update, you can now choose a quarterly option. To set the cadence, go to Admin > Updates > Settings > Schedule.
Once you set the cadence, we will let you know the next time that reminder goes out. If managers have override capabilities, then they will also be able to set this custom cadence for any of their direct reports. Here’s a quick overview on how managers can customize their direct report’s update settings.
Note: the reminder cadence for Updates is just for how often we remind employees through an email notification. We still allow employees to submit a weekly update if they’d like. The option will simply be on their dashboard when they log into their account to “Write new update”.
Requesting external feedback
As an admin, you can enable the option for your employees to request feedback from other individuals outside of your company using Lattice. To enable this feature, go to Admin > Feedback > Settings > toggle on “External Feedback”.
Once enabled, your employees will be able to enter an email address when requesting feedback. This will generate a link that they can then send to the external recipient.
Once the external recipient has submitted the feedback, the requestor will be notified and it will be documented inside of Lattice. To learn more about this feature, click here.
We now offer survey templates that are pre-populated with questions around specific themes to help give you a starting point for creating your survey. To access the templates, go to Admin > Engagement > Templates.
Adjusting anonymity thresholds
Survey admins can now set a custom minimum anonymity threshold when creating their survey. The minimum anonymity threshold is the minimum amount of responders needed in order to capture survey data for a specific group. To set the threshold, go to Admin > Engagement > Create new survey > Settings > Anonymity threshold.
Exporting heat maps
Survey admins can now export any heatmap view from the results page in the survey. To do this, go to Admin > View results > Heatmap > Export heatmap.
Product Refresher For Admins
Goals & Reviews
Bringing goals into review templates
We offer a feature within our reviews template that allows you to dynamically pull in goals for your employees when they are being reviewed. We’ve also updated the feature to now allow you pull in goals for the last 52 weeks.
To enable the feature, go to Admin > Reviews > Templates > Create new template. At the bottom of the template, toggle on “Include goals in this template”.
Here’s a quick preview of how this will look in the review template:
To learn more about this feature, click here.
What's new in Q3?
This week, our team spent some time diving into the new features that we built in Q3 and gave a sneak peak into what's on our radar for Q4. If you missed it, check out the recording here.
(Upcoming) Achieving your Goals with Lattice
(Ongoing) Employee & Manager Lattice Training
We now offer morning and afternoon sessions (twice a month on Thursday) that provide your managers and employees with everything they need to know about navigating the Lattice platform.
Check out the upcoming times and sign up here.
Customer Referral Program
If you have friends you think would love Lattice, make sure to click the link below and refer them over. You both will receive a $100 OpenTable gift card if they sign up.
Lattice Customer Experience